A futuristic rifle with blue power cells, the Plasma Rifle somewhat resembles the Plasma Pistol albeit larger.
Plasma Rifle ModsEdit
- Damage Mod: Increases weapon damage by 25%. No maximum.
- Range Mod: Increases weapon range by 10%. No maximum.
- AOE Mod: Increases the weapon blast radius by .5 blocks. 6 maximum.
- R.O.F. Mod: Increases the weapon rate of fire by 20%. 5 maximum.
- Armor Piercing Mod: Increases the damage the weapon deals to armored targets by 20%. No maximum.
- Ammo Mod: Increases the weapon ammo capacity by 25%. No maximum.
- Reload Mod: Decreases the weapon reload time by 15%. 5 maximum.
- Energy Core: Eliminates reload time. 1 maximum.
- Tactical Light: Shines a light where you aim. Allows turrets without Detection Mod to shoot at illuminated targets at night. 1 maximum.
The Plasma Rifle, when upgraded, is the best weapon in the game. Shooting faster than the minigun with huge power and armor piercing. The fact that it has an AOE makes even better at mowing down smaller enemy units.
You want to ideally give it 5 damage mods, 5 ROF mods, 5 armor piercing mods, 3 AOE mods, a tactical light and, most importantly, an energy core.
- The Plasma Pistol and the Plasma Rifle could have used the same energy source as their larger turret counterparts, due to the similarity between the power cells of both weapons.
- The Plasma Rifle, like the other Plasma weaponry, leaves a puffy blue spark where the projectile hits.
- The projectiles of the Plasma Rifle, as well as the Heavy Plasma, take a while for it to reach its target. The Plasma Pistol, however, does not have this affect and its projectiles land instantaneously on its mark.